About The PTO
HELLO New Antioch Parents,
My name is Sarah Van Gundy, and I am your PTO President for the 2018-19 school year. I’d like to take this opportunity to welcome you to our school and let you know a little more about our PTO and how you can get involved. As your PTO President my job is to work with you and the staff at Antioch to make this year as successful as it can be for all at Antioch Elementary.
Sarah Van Gundy
- The Antioch PTO provides support to teachers, students and the school. This support includes purchasing additional technology, supporting academic resources, student/teacher advocacy, grounds maintenance, school activities/events and much more. All parents at Antioch are members of the PTO and there are no dues. We hold two General PTO Meetings each year (October and April) open to all parents. You are also invited to attend any Executive Board meeting held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 12:30pm. If you have any questions about our PTO or want to know how you can get involved please contact Sarah Van Gundy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register on this website. Our redesigned website is your one stop shop for all information on news and events, volunteer opportunities, access to the student directory, ordering spirit wear, checking out after school programs and more. Please be sure to sign up today!
- Ways you can get involved:
- VOLUNTEER! There are many opportunities throughout the school year to volunteer in the classroom and at school events. Requests for volunteers are sent through our weekly eNewsletter as well as through our Facebook page. To view open volunteer needs at any time during the school year click on the Volunteer tab above.
- IMPORTANT—ALL classroom volunteers must be approved through the UCPS Volunteer Website. Go to https://www.ucps.k12.nc.us/Page/5863 to register.
- Become a Room Parent
- Take advantage of Free Money Programs, such as linking rewards cards (Harris Teeter VIC cards) to Antioch. More information on these programs can be found here.
- Attend social and school events such as Spirit Nights, Family Fun Nights and Bingo and Baskets. These events not only help promote school spirit but also raise money for our school.
We hope you have a fantastic year!